changing weather

Tis the season when blankets come out, and being next to a fire sounds like the most satisfying thing. Because the temperature outside is decreasing, the common theme is for everyone to snuggle in and basically hibernate. Only going outside when absolutely necessary and limiting the amount of time spent in the cold. But this should not be the case. Cold weather can be dangerous if too cold, but when the temperature is at a reasonable chilliness, the effort to go outside should be as ambitious as when it is warmer. Being outside is a great way to boost the mood, and get exposed to the sun. It gives you more energy and keeps you healthy. The only change that should be made when the weather changes is that we should be aware of the dangers posed and make the appropriate changes to make being outside still fun. 

Comments

  1. I completely agree with this and it is something that I struggle with as the weather gets colder. After a long day with a busy schedule, I find it difficult to go back outside once I get to my room for the night. Although I feel much better when I spend more time outside, I also find ways to workout inside. In my room here at school I have a yoga mat and free weights that I utilize during the cold days when I really don't want to face the cold weather. However, I love taking walks in the brisk air and going tubing and sledding. If you live in western PA, you've gotta embrace the cold instead of hating it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure is out there

Don't Sweat the small stuff