Sports
Being active is a very important part of staying healthy. This is accomplished through many ways. Being active at least 30 minutes a day keeps a person healthy. Playing a sport is an easy way to stay active. But after high school, it is hard to stay involved in the sport is hard. You can get involved with clubs at the local park or with a league. However, sometimes the sport gets overwhelming. This is one of the reasons that people get involved in less traditional activities to stay active. These activities don't take as much of a toll on your body but still keep you active enough to stay healthy. Some of these activities include but are not limited to; skiing, hiking, archery/hunting, kayaking and canoeing, paddle boarding, snow shoeing, rock climbing, and biking or mountain biking. Some of these are high intensity activities that will tax the joints and muscles more than others. These are seasonal activities that make it possible to be active all year round.
Great blog topic. I know a lot of us where more involved in sports when we were in high school but here at university it is harder. I like that you gave some suggestions on activities for people to try. These are definitely not the typical activities but they seem like they would be fun to try. Thanks for some ideas for a new activity to try.
ReplyDeleteYou are completely right! After I graduated high school I did not think I was going to play sports anymore. Instead I found a summer basketball league and a slow pitch softball league to play in during the summer. These activities help keep me active during the summer and when I come to school I play in I.M.Leagues. When winter comes around I like to go snowboarding.
ReplyDelete